There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

This is absolutely the best company to work for!

Current Employee - Ios Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Ios Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people. The work. The culture. The perks. The CEO.

# ^ $

Cons

Some code is messy (but a lot isn't). The branding could use some love.

Keep doing what you are doing. Also make our brand better.

749 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Best experience I could have ever asked for!

Former Employee - Ads Integrity Analyst  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Ads Integrity Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

First and foremost, the people! This office is full of some of the most brilliant and amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Our team was like a family and our managers were out of this world!

Cons

Can't really think of any.

Keep of the great work!

Extremely open and fast moving company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

You ship code within your first two weeks. Hundreds of millions of people around the world care about what you do. Pay and benefits are great, particularly RSU offerings. You're expected to move up (and get raises, bonuses, more RSUs) quickly. You can do pretty much whatever you want and work on whatever you want. There aren't a lot of rules, other than security/privacy practices. Even on mobile apps, your code ships fast.

Facebook's onboarding process is the best I've ever seen, and I've worked at a lot of other major companies. You're hired as an engineer, not as someone to fill a specific job. Then you spend your first six weeks getting to know how all of the company works, filling in small holes on code bases that you aren't familiar with (web, Android, iOS, data analysis stuff), and learning what problems in the company you most want to work on, before you pick your team. Every large software company should be doing this.

Cons

They do claim ownership of code you write outside of work, unless you run it by legal first.

Don't ever get rid of Boot Camp. Adding on iOS and Android camp afterwards is a great idea; I wish it had been there when I started.

Please change the "we own all you do, even outside of work, unless you clear it first" policy. It might turn Silicon Valley die-hards off, particularly the startup dreamers who want to get their feet wet first at a company known for moving fast. I think we'd want to snag those people and convince them to pursue their ideas with us, rather than frighten them away with the thought that they might legally give away their big idea when they come to it. Even if we lose a few, or most, I'd rather have them with us for a while.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!