There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

product designer

Former Intern - Product Designer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Intern - Product Designer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, free food, young energetic super talented people, fast moving/fast learning environment, compatible salary and perks, relatively flat company hierarchy, overall tech-y design-y open company culture

Cons

office is too cold, with free food everywhere, great sweet shop, it's really really easy to gain weight

reviews filtered by

Great

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

a spectacular place to work--no qualifications.

Cons

I would have none at all.

2. Still trying to be a start up even though we're a big company. Still fun, smart and a great place to be

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun culture, super smart people, great benefits (for non married folks), still retains the "let's do everything at a breakneck speed" mentality. The hierarchy is still pretty flat. You are always in charge of your destiny so it's pretty much up to you to step up or sit down. If you sit down too long, you won't last. This is a company of doers, not debaters. There is opportunity everywhere as long as you have the attitude to do something with it. Most everyone is incredibly helpful.

Cons

Moving fast doesn't always mean doing it right - While you're pretty much allowed to try anything, as a large company, we should slow down and mature some of the processes in order to maintain a high quality of shipped products as opposed to letting the culture of "fail fast" cause duplicate work.

Invest more in managers. By this I mean, allow a manager to focus on managing most of the time if it's right for the role. While its admirable that managers always need to work as well, not being graded on managerial skills creates unnecessary employee relations issues. At any other place, the manager can be one of the most critical advocates to a worker's career. Facebook is the only place I've ever been at where we can really have our managers bring out the best in folks and focus only on that role since the hierarchy is pretty flat. No where else has that opportunity. And while managers are general awesome, the management role is just not being used to its full potential.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook