Facebook

www.facebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Amenities amazing, but you'll work really hard

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful amenities - the food is just outstanding. Everything is home-made and natural or organic. Wide variety with lots of restaurants, and it's all FREE.
Beautiful campus, bicycles are available for either going from building to building or going for a ride in the afternoon
Lots of places to relax or lie down if you need a break
GREAT coffee and a Philz coffee on campus
Sweet Stop shop if you need a sugar lift in the PM
Fantastic help desk for IT issues. Anything you need to do your job is given to you. Laptops and phones are top-of-the-line.
Something is always happening on campus, whether it's a vendor, a celebrity visitor, or Mark Z making an appearance.

Cons

Work is always abundant and there is a chaotic atmosphere
The feel is always "do it right now"
People are under a lot of pressure to get things done
Atmosphere can be impersonal because you're so "hooked in" to everyone else electronically, that you can work from home very easily

Great place to work, keep it up!

860 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic.

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not only is everyone incredibly sharp and very good at their jobs, but also, almost without exception, everyone is a pleasure to work and associate with. I'm given an incredible work/life balance. I feel like working on my team is like working with a close group of friends.

Cons

Career paths not very well defined. My interactions with the executive team have been incredibly positive and inspiring. Unfortunately, I've met many director/VPs who tend to be bro-ish and/or cocky.

Less hubris. This applies mostly to director/VP level, many of whom are becoming a little too self-important.

Great place to work...very hard... but this teenager of a company is still trying to figure out its HR policies.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The "Move Fast" reputation Facebook is known for is truly how it is inside the company. This makes getting the job done a much less painful experience. Truly an "ask for forgiveness" environment (no need to ask for permission). If there was no downside (which there is), I would give this company a rating of 5 stars hands down.

Cons

Facebook is still in its teenage years of development. While many HR processes & policies are mature (the hiring process is best I've seen), fraternization is overlooked (aka sex between coworkers, sometimes even in the office itself) and relationships within chain of command are accepted/overlooked - yet don't dare say "pimp my ride" in an open space as you will get your hands slapped.

You can still have the best culture in the world even when implementing some of the standard HR policies you would expect at any reasonably sized company. Do you really think its OK for relationships be in the chain of command (family, dating, etc)?

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook