There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Facebook is the best company I've ever been an employee and is better than most I know off 2nd hand.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Operations in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Fast growing, adaptive and supportive environment. Lots of incredibly smart, motivated and fun people. The company cares about its employees and that is overwhelmingly evident by how they treat them, the awesome things they do for them and how everyone interacts.

Cons

Honestly I'm not sure I could name any yet. I suspect the Software Engineers work long hours, but I'm pretty sure they do it from love and enjoyment rather than a requirement by anyone. There has to be some downside, but I can't think of any. Sorry.

Keep doing what you are doing. It works really well in my opinion.

769 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Cool environment, cool people. Stock options.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for advancement, raises, or bonuses. Benefit reductions, instead.

Reward your employees more.

A workplace with a lot of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The main reason why working for Facebook is great, is the opportunity to move roles as it allows you to always strive on your ambition and face more interesting challenges. It gives you the opportunity to constantly excel.
    - Another benefit of working here is the fact that almost most of the colleagues are high achievers, thus always inspiring to do more and to do it better.
    - The culture is very warm, open and fun. I worry that I would never be able to find this working environment again.
    - Salary is very competitive, benefits are very fair.
    - Moreover, the working environment is full of respect, and even in case there was a disagreement it would never amount to more than that, usually solvable and manager is ready to step in and find a solution, all done in a very smooth and civil way.
    - The parties are super awesome, and the time they invest in them, shows how much they care about making us happy!

Cons

Since you're surrounded by high achievers, you could probably have sleepless nights. Yet this is only to drive yourself and challenge yourself. I wouldn't say it's a complete con, unless you let it affect you very negatively. Because on the other hand we are always encourage to apply work life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!