Entry-level Facebook Experience

Former Employee - Human Operations Analyst in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Human Operations Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good way to launch a career. Very mission driven company that has lots of benefits. Highly recommended for someone about to graduate or post-graduate in their first year.

Cons

The atmosphere is not exactly the most professional, but I suppose that makes sense as it does fit the overall vibe of Austin.

Advice to Management

I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about my experience there as well as the managers that I worked with! Highly recommended job.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

Overall "meh" experience?

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There are super smart people there and I was super lucky to get to know them over the summer. Having been there twice in a row I think I really got a good feel for the culture of the company. It has a very friendly culture, which is great. Work-life balance is also alright.

Cons

I had a very dull intern project... it used to be that Facebook typically has fun intern projects, but the company is indeed getting bigger. Some interns this year got boring projects, including myself. My mentor was also not very helpful and was seldom around for me to ask him for help.

Advice to Management

Consider taking less interns if you feel that some of them might be given a lower quality experience.

Great company, but disorganization + bad management = a terrible experience for me.

Former Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart people, Zuck has weekly Q+As and answers everything

Cons

The Revenue org is the worst. There is a total lack of transparency, which is different that the Eng and Design orgs. They say it's easy to transfer, but it's hard to find a role if you aren't a specialist.

Advice to Management

It's not okay to block your employees from doing the work they were hired to do and for not telling them the work was on hold for 8 months.