There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

749 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very positive atmosphere that challenges you, good camaraderie between workers. Very competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Demanding job if you want to advance; requires long hours.

Best workplace if you really want to get things done!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You are measured and rewarded on impact and not the other usual factors such as your relationship with manager or how many hours you have to work
    - Great open culture where you can question anything and anyone. You are encouraged to take risks in order to achieve something bigger.
    - Great place for mentorship - bootcamp is amazing way to understand company culture, build relationships and get exposure to various technologies. Beyond that there are tons of individuals that you just need to ask and they will help you in every way possible.
    - Facebook has some of the friendliest individuals that I have ever worked with
    - Great perks! food, amenities, health, dental, gym, and the list goes on and on
    - Believes in compensating you what you are worth instead of trying to lowball and counter offering once you have a competing offer.
    - You are truly working on things that are making a difference in people's lives

Cons

- If you really want to set yourself apart, know that you are probably working with some of the brightest in the industry. You better be on top of your game :-)

Continue to maintain the culture that exists. Let's ensure it doesn't turn into another one of those other tech giants!

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!