Facebook

www.facebook.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Lots to learn from great people. Especially if this is your first job.

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities. Especially if this is your first job. The best part is I'd say the move fast culture. It feels very much like a start up, along with the perks and benefits of working in a big company. Also, you'll get better guidance here, from more experienced colleagues as compared to a startup. The company values like "Nothing at Facebook is someone else's problem" and the fact that they're actually put into practice make it an awesome place to work. :D Even breaking things is a good experience to have! Last but not the least, the free food, the swag, the awesome campus, the hackathons and all other perks!

Cons

Sometimes you may not get work you like. But that wouldn't be the case for jobs I guess, because of Bootcamp. I was just an intern. So no bootcamp for me.

906 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Mission driven org

Current Employee - Creative Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really smart people working to change the world, all aligned to our mission.

Cons

It's hard work, there isn't acceptance for slacking off. We can come across as cocky but the products and results just speak for themselves.

Great internship at Facebook

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture; everything taken care of. If you need anything to do your job better, you'll get it. Intern projects actually have an impact & used in production.

Cons

Work culture/flexibility can encourage longer hours -- make sure you manage work/life balance. Can be difficult to get accustomed to infrastructure/etc. and getting up to speed is hard for an intern who is only there for a short period of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook