There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Great place to work if you're near the product / Anything else, I would look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Free food, dry cleaning, snacks

Extremely bright people in engineering/product teams

Startup / Entrepreneurial feel leads to opportunities to make a bigger impact

Cons

Most jobs are in sales and operations

People in this team are in a separate building and are not valued by Senior Mgmt

Meetings all the time - hard to get to work

Get rid of the Products vs Everyone Else mentality, and promote a one team culture

Stop scheduling so many meetings all the time and make sure people are actually working than trying to get noticed with hi-vis projects that may not add that much value

reviews filtered by

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Push code daily, work with extremely talented engineers, free food, great compensation, and seeing everyone I know use the product

Cons

Long hours but Facebook engineers tend to be the type who passionately enjoy their work and build products for fun anyways

Continue trusting the engineers to do what is right and allowing engineers be bold and not have to check in with management

Lots to dive into!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I really like the pace that we're working at -- there's so much going on, and there's a lot of inherent trust in people to run with what they're doing. Policies and red tape in previous companies sometimes left me feeling a bit stifled about what I was able to work on & share, but there really is a sense of openness at Facebook, not only in communication, but in the ability to jump into projects that call out to you as well.

And beyond that, the people really are incredible: smart, fun, unique, and passionate about what they're doing. It's hard not to get excited by the people alone!

Cons

The pace *can* be a little crazy -- one of our values is moving fast, and we definitely do that -- and generally that's a huge pro to working here, but at times, it can be a little much. There are definitely good policies around PTO, and the environment *is* understanding about balancing work & personal life, but that's ultimately up to the individual to carry out, which can be difficult to do in practice.

I would encourage the leadership to make themselves visible, both at all-hands events, but also in the sense of cross-pollination. It's invaluable, for example, to hear about product strategy from the head of Engineering at an HR team meeting; or to have the head of Finance share what he's focusing on with the Sales team -- efforts like that really don't take much time at all and are a highly impactful way to get communication and knowledge flowing across the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook