Facebook

www.facebook.com

The toughest job you'll ever love.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsIn general, there is a high level of autonomy given to employees. We're treated like adults and given lots of responsibility. The perks are unreal compared to other places I've worked. The atmosphere is fun yet serious. We're very lucky to work here overall.

ConsA stretched thin workforce makes for lots of pressure and heavy workload; it's hard to get everything done. Sometimes it's difficult to strike a work/life balance. There's a clique-ish aspect to the place, where the "cool kids" get the recognition and more opportunity to move around and advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job strategically. I'm happy with the overall direction of the company and our products. I just wish there were a little less favoritism shown by middle management.

Very competitive work environment but not accurately advertised as such

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Facebook

Pros: -Opportunity to write software that gets used by hundreds of millions of… Cons: -Frontend work (i.e. work done in most of the product-oriented teams) is mostly mundane PHP and nothing that really intellectually challenging from a Computer Science… Advice to Senior Management: Be absolutely honest to new hires about where Facebook stands in the spectrum between 'severe' and 'forgiving' for performance reviews, especially when you let new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overhyped Lifelong Hackathon

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Facebook

Pros: Good pay, if you negotiate aggressively Good food Good benefits Location is good,… Cons: Management is constantly pushing you You don't work at your own pace, you have to work at everyone else's pace Need to stay after work everyday and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!