There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Okay

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Norwalk, CT
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

the salary and benefits at FactSet are most likely the key factors of making it one of the best places to work at.

Cons

May get stuck with a boring project

Document your software (internal). There could be some standards set in place or a designated person to review and document software. This is especially important for internal software as this is heavily used to help run the company. Overall, I respect FactSet, its policies, and my current compensation.

469 Other Employee Reviews for FactSet (View Most Recent)

Lots of creativity, lots of disconnect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Encourages independence, creativity, and ownership

Cons

Bad compensation. Departments are disjointed, you could have no idea what the person next to you does

A good stepping stone towards something better

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

- Relaxed atmosphere. Get your work done and no one will ask questions.
    - Good place to learn from intelligent, friendly people. The technical library is very handy.
    - Some teams offer quick advancement opportunities.

Cons

- Previous employees have used FactSet as a stepping-stone. I believe this is partially due to the fact that they are no longer being challenged. Engineers love challenges and you can only go as far as to create your own, but then what after?
    - Salary inversion.
    - With certain managers, you must constantly remind them how hard you work.
    - The recent hiring blitz has introduced some less than qualified engineers into our talent pool.
    - Some product developers are very capable and easy to work with; others are rude and constantly demanding or incompetent.
    - There's no such thing as a free lunch. It's part of our total compensation package and the quality of the cafeteria has been declining. Some employees avoid the cafeteria altogether.

Pay attention to what your current employees have to say -- We are your best asset. We've endured long hours, cutbacks, and economic crisises.

There are newer employer reviews for FactSet