There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Great place to grow your career with for 5 years in finance or technology without sacrificing pay or opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at FactSet

Pros

I worked at FactSet as the company grew from a few hundred employees to several thousand and it was a great experience. No other place could you go and get the ability to work hand and hand with leading financial services companies on cutting edge strategies with direct interaction. The teams there were great and the company was going to great lengths with internal job fairs, internal training, working out of other offices(Tokyo & Sydney were a few that US based consultants worked) and job shadowing to allow current employees to grow their careers.

Cons

Stay true to the vision of Chuck and Howard and avoid trying to change over to a Thomson model of personnel or acquisition.

Keep fighting the good fight and continue to keep bringing in members of the consulting to the product management and engineering teams.

472 Other Employee Reviews for FactSet (View Most Recent)

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at FactSet

Pros

I was fortunate enough to have a manager who was very hands off and trustful of the work I did. I was also given a decent amount of autonomy of the enhancements I released. Management trusted my knowledge of the product and also my ability to work with the engineers. Because of that, I was able to put out many successful products. When managers throughout the office have a little faith in your abilities, it can actually take you a long way. The environment is very conducive for you to learn as much as possible. The skills you learn there can be applied in many other companies.

Cons

Compensation, compensation, compensation. I received a handful of offers and all of them were more then what FactSet was paying me. To be fair, it's management strategy to keep costs low. I don't fault them. It's just plain facts. Work/life balance is fantastic there so it's a sacrifice most existing employees are willing to make. I figured I'd join the rest of the crowd who complain about salaries at FactSet.

On another note, I noticed employees who come through acquisitions are under qualified for the positions that were handed to them on a silver platter. It's absurd to me how little some of those people know about FactSet. There should be a yearly quiz on how to write a simple =FDS code. You'd be shocked at how many "managers" in the company sneak by without knowing it. Shocked. You know who you are. You shammers.

I still hold a ton of FDS shares so keep those costs down. I'm happier now that I'm a shareholder and seeing everyone complain about salary. I know management is keeping shareholder interests at heart! Keep driving that ASV!

Consultants should be paid a tad more. Troopers. I feel for all of them.

great

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

best work life balance. free food.

Cons

salary is not very competitive

salary should be at par with it's competitors

There are newer employer reviews for FactSet