FactSet

www.factset.com

Unexciting, but fair

Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsExcellent benefits and extremely flexible scheduling (i.e. if you need to work at home, take time for a medical appointment). Engineering managers did a good job of filtering communication from Product Design and Consulting (i.e. all the facts you need, while protecting you from unnecessary interruptions from other departments). Free snacks/drinks and free lunch (along with all manner of other free food) is a nice perk. Excellent engineering tools in place (i.e. development environment, build system, source control). Engineering department has a nice degree of autonomy. Nice proximity to New York City (from Norwalk, CT location). Length of work week is extremely reasonable (40-45 hrs. per week typically).

ConsNot a great deal of creative freedom on projects, or places to input new ideas and/or suggest new projects if you're new. Cafeteria food varies in quality, but free is free is free. Fairfield County, CT can be expensive (although some parts are nice to compensate). Pretty hierarchial in structure. Engineers don't strike me as being miserable, but neither do they seem wildly happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if newer engineers had a chance to think more entrepreneurially and propose/start their own projects where necessary or desirable (think Google), even if this in some cases required longer hours. Structure of the company feels rather rigid, overall.

Great job to start career with great benefits.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros: Teamwork Benefits Young atmosphere Great people Career growth Cons: Consulting can get mundane after a year Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Complacent culture, cumbersome/menial work; More of IT support than consulting.

Consultant (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros: Decent hours(don't work weekends), free lunch and free snacks, startup… Cons: Most of the reviews on this website pretty much sum it up. The work is cumbersome and trivial. None of the work is intellectually stimulating and… Advice to Senior Management: The company culture seems to be focused on being mediocre and learning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FactSet.

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!