There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

FactSet is a tremendously well-run business who takes care of hard-working, top performers.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

FactSet is a hard-working, humble and performance-driven culture. My colleagues are great. I get to travel all over the country and work with leaders in the investment management industry. Benefits are tremendous. Office facilities are top-notch. Work is constantly challenging and rewarding. Our culture is our strongest asset that competitors simply cannot replicate. It starts at the top.

Cons

Consistently long hours. I would like to be paid more. I don't have many negatives to say. Negative reviews would only come from poor performers who don't work hard or disgruntled employees of a company FactSet acquired.

FactSet's senior management has all my confidence. They all carry themselves with humility, confidence and integrity. My advice would be to continue what they've been doing the past 5 years.

455 Other Employee Reviews for FactSet (View Most Recent)

Great environment!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

The people! It's a great environment. I've been here 1.5 years and already been promoted. I'm learning new things every day. The client interaction requires an entry-level person to interact with very senior-level finance professionals on a daily basis. It can be challenging, but it's also very rewarding to see somebody use the work you built for them. Plus, you learn a ton while working here.

Cons

It's a do-it-yourself kind of atmosphere - there's no handholding. This is a very positive thing, but it also means that if you don't take initiative, you won't move up the ranks. Daily work can be difficult when you have no idea what the client is asking for. Nobody here will just give you the answer, everyone works hard to try and figure things out on their own before asking for help. Don't get me wrong, plenty of help is always available if you need it.

Try to keep the company culture as laid back as possible. The more we trend toward a staunchy corporate environment, the more your employees will act up and the less respect they'll have for you.

FactSet is the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Growing company with a tremendous amount of opportunity for employees. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

The Norwalk, CT location poses a challenge when hiring and retaining the best candidates.

Continue communicating with the organization as often and as openly as you currently are, particularly in these more uncertain economic times.

There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!