FactSet
www.factset.com Norwalk, CT 5000+ Employees

Engineer-driven culture with a strong emphasis on work-life balance and directly rewarding performance.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros-Strong commitment to recognizing individual excellence. If you do something worth being proud of, the higher ups will be aware of it, and you will be rewarded.

-Healthy work-life balance. Working 8-hour days is the norm and your career will not suffer if you don't put in 60-hours.

-Engineer-driven culture. I'd have to go all the way up to the COO before I found someone above me who isn't from an engineering background. Even the executive team and product developers respect the software development process and will allow the engineers to set and re-set their own deadlines.

Cons-Some people seem a too comfortable with FactSet's work-life policies, taking the relaxed environment and flexible deadline schedule for granted.

Advice to Senior Management-Make 'Hack-a-thon' style projects part of the normal work-flow. Similar to Google's 20% projects (or is it 10%?). Basically, there are a lot of engineers that come up with really cool ideas all year round that they're really excited about but most of those ideas will be forgotten by the time the next Hack-a-thon rolls around. Giving the engineers an outlet for these ideas would benefit everyone.

Great company with great opportunities for advancement

Consultant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros: Coworkers, Good Hours, Industry Exposure, Competitive Pay Cons: Office Maturity, Prestige, Groupthink, Menial work at times Advice to Senior Management: FactSet is in a great position to take market share from their competitors. At a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good, laid back, a bit of mis-management

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at FactSet full-time for less than a year

Pros: food, work, take initiative, management Cons: less interesting projects, upper management not good. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FactSet.

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FactSet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FactSet CEO Philip A. Hadley. All reviews posted anonymously by FactSet employees.