FactSet

www.factset.com
  www.factset.com
There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Free lunch. Flexibility. If you put your time in and meet your goals, you can work independently. Team environment. Positive young company.

Cons

Probably could be higher in pay. Senior management isn't as involved as they should be with the day to day and have a mentality of "nice job, but let's get to the next goal" Their goals are not always realistic.

Spend more time with consultants and sales to understand the challenges facing the day to day work. Also be understanding of current enviroment and difficulty it presents for selling.

488 Other Employee Reviews for FactSet (View Most Recent)

Great culture and they take care of their employees

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

* Great health insurance, dental, 401k
    * Free lunch from Mon - Thu
    * Free drinks and snacks
    * Very healthy environment
    * Rapid growth
    * Pay for CFA

Cons

* Path of growth is limited; Specialist just means you're a support and sales hybrid

* The quality of Development and Engineers are so inconsistent. A few are sheer geniuses and too many inept developers and engineers.

* Development and engineering structure does not make sense; lack of cohesive development process.
    Why are we recreating features in other applications that we already have in existing applications?

* I feel bad for our clients when they face very buggy softwares and bad quality data.

Development needs critical help. A lot of people from acquired firms get promoted to higher development positions even they are ill-equipped for the job. They carry with them their poor process and structure or lack thereof.

Products and databases should be well linked and not replicated. Also, I don't understand why we are paying money for information we already have in our database. Stop partnering with data vendors with sub-par quality data. Just read the enhancement requests and you can hear the clients screaming at the quality of our products and lack of data integrity.

At the route development and engineering is going, small companies with better development process will eventually take over. We can at least gather quality data since that is our future.

Great place to start a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at FactSet

Pros

Exposed to top-level decision makers on both the buy and sell side on a regular basis.
    Young, vibrant culture.
    Rapid advancement

Cons

Flat structure, so you hit a ceiling pretty fast, usually some sort of sales or product expert role.
    No 401k matching