FactSet

www.factset.com
  www.factset.com
There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Good for early career software engineers

Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at FactSet

Pros

Varies greatly between groups/roles. Excellent (and cheap) benefits, many perks (lunch bought, cell/cable modem bills reimbursed). A lot of great engineering talent, enough "geeks" to learn from, open and friendly environment.

Cons

Probably varies by group as well, but my group had silly "salary caps"; bonuses are rolled into the annual increase (i.e. it takes 2 years to fully collect on busting your butt year 1).

Make sales listen to engineers -- not push "this is how I sell the product, now support it". Make engineers learn how the products are used -- have to be better ways to support sales.

486 Other Employee Reviews for FactSet (View Most Recent)

After a year of hard work - little to show in salary - all of it was put into a "bonus"

Current Employee - Product Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

They are willing to train you in an area you have little experience with. No one else would do that. However a major reason is they can have you work cheaper than a more experienced person.

Cons

After a year of hard work I got a very nice bonus, but no salary increase. I was told it's the economy. If they really valued me, give me some salary increase and some bonus. It would work out to the same this year. In 2010 when the economy is better is the only time they would see this increase. It tells me they only care about me for the short term.

Meet with regular employees in NY, not in Norwalk. Get to know them..

Good place to get your foot in the door, but don't be fooled -- there is life after FactSet!

Former Employee - Consultant in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Norwalk, CT

I worked at FactSet

Pros

Great benefits package and perks, such as free lunch M-Th, free beverages and snacks all day. They also provide top of the line laptops to every employee and workstation supplies which come in handy when you are sitting at your desk all day. If you are just out of college and working as a Consultant the work environment is young so many people tend to like that. FactSet also has a great 5 week training program to get new employees up to speed on the software and culture at the company

Cons

Very long hours, nasty salespeople that never say thank you for the hard work you put in, but are happy to take credit for said work in front of management and clients. Lots of inter-office politics (although it is a corporate environment so that's not surprising) and managers who shouldn't be managers. There is also this attitude held by many senior Consultants that they shouldn't have to help you (being the new guy) because no one helped them back in the day. It leaves a very bad taste in your mouth. They also coach young employees who have never worked at another company that there is no life after

Stop being so close-minded to change.

There are newer employer reviews for FactSet