There are newer employer reviews for FactSet

Good for early career software engineers

Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Database Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at FactSet

Pros

Varies greatly between groups/roles. Excellent (and cheap) benefits, many perks (lunch bought, cell/cable modem bills reimbursed). A lot of great engineering talent, enough "geeks" to learn from, open and friendly environment.

Cons

Probably varies by group as well, but my group had silly "salary caps"; bonuses are rolled into the annual increase (i.e. it takes 2 years to fully collect on busting your butt year 1).

Advice to Management

Make sales listen to engineers -- not push "this is how I sell the product, now support it". Make engineers learn how the products are used -- have to be better ways to support sales.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. After a year of hard work - little to show in salary - all of it was put into a "bonus"

Current Employee - Product Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

They are willing to train you in an area you have little experience with. No one else would do that. However a major reason is they can have you work cheaper than a more experienced person.

Cons

After a year of hard work I got a very nice bonus, but no salary increase. I was told it's the economy. If they really valued me, give me some salary increase and some bonus. It would work out to the same this year. In 2010 when the economy is better is the only time they would see this increase. It tells me they only care about me for the short term.

Advice to Management

Meet with regular employees in NY, not in Norwalk. Get to know them..

2. Factset is a premier place to work at

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet

Pros

Factset has got to be one of the most giving companies to its employees. Free lunch, fruit, snacks, drinks; literally anything you could ask for. You have dual monitors to be more productive, very nice chairs and the quality of work is pretty fun.

Cons

You have to work pretty hard; long hours and work/life balance is not the easiest to pull off. But, if you like what you do, it is actually not bad.

Advice to Management

Senior management has actually weathered the financial crisis with great vision, and I am very impressed with the c-level officers/presidents of our company. We are growing, despite being in a treacherous market for our customer base. That is amazing.