Factory Design Labs

www.factorylabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Factory Design Labs

The Power of Orange Rules!!!

Current Employee - Executive in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Factory Design Labs full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Factory is a really big family. The teams work together on behalf of our clients and everyone helps each other. People work extremely hard here as they always want to deliver for Factory and the clients. It's a work hard, play hard culture. People either thrive in the organization or quickly Get ejected. There is no room for creative egos or people who don't get their hands dirty. Everyone here is in it to win.

Cons

A service business is always hard no matter where you work. The hours and client demands can be too overwhelming for some. Factory is quick to promote you if you are really good and quick to exit you are not.. It's that simple. You have to be awesome to make it at Factory.

Keep up the good work. Your past growth and successes speak for themselves. Factory is a really cool place, like no other agency out there. Thank you for the opportunity to work here.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Factory Design Labs (View Most Recent)

FDL is something different

Current Employee - Creative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Creative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Factory Design Labs full-time

Pros

If you've ever worked in the outdoor or action sports industry, you know they hate traditional advertising. Factory is the same, there is a different way of doing things here. It's not about water-cooler talk of what other agencies are up to, it's about being focused on creating work you are proud of and finding insights that speaks to core consumers to call bullsh*t when work is not authentic.

Cons

It's a passionate business. People work really hard. Emotion can lead to a bad break up in any relationship. In the past, there has been some negative blood that ran through the building, but those people have left. The building feels alive and healthy. Everyone is trying their best and there's a great sense of community.

The bad press on Factory sucks. It misrepresents all the hard work and genuine effort people put into their jobs everyday.

Great opportunities, supportive team and supervisor

Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO

I have been working at Factory Design Labs full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits: HR really cares about it's people and will do pretty much anything to make you happy and comfortable in the workplace
    -Fun culture: young, friendly, adventurous crowd. Frequent happy hours and lunches that are always a good time
    -Supportive supervisors: I've always heard you're lucky to find a good boss. My supervisor is extremely caring and supportive..always looking and helping me to advance my career. Not to mention my department team. Couldn't be happier.
    -Location. Shops, restaurants
    -Clients- Factory looks to win business it's people will enjoy working on and relate to

Cons

-Turnover: I guess that's advertising for you. Factory doesn't keep people around that aren't pulling their weight, which can create some bad press. Expect to work hard and prepare to rock at your job...(everyone else around you will too)

A little recognition goes a long way. The smallest "good job" means the world to new employees. I think this is improving tremendously..Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Factory Design Labs