Factory Motor Parts

www.factorymotorparts.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Factory Motor Parts

Regretted it from the first day

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Eagan, MN
Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Eagan, MN

I worked at Factory Motor Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were okay, not great, but okay. They had little things like birthday parties and ordering out on Fridays in the AP department.

Cons

Aside from one of the managers I interacted with, this company, like so many others have said, doesn't care about their employees. You work the day after Thanksgiving in an office job! You get little time off. The pay was average. The real kicker though was the relationship I had with my immediate supervisor. She was a super driven, if you're not, there's something wrong with you, micro manager. Told me that I was being rude to her for asking for a clarification on something we were discussing and then turned around and told me she didn't want to hear about how I had fixed a problem we had been having. Snatched a paper out of my hand that I had to show her to get clarification on an issue I had not encountered before, saying, "Well fine, I'll handle it myself." Do not work in their accounts payable department. Accountemps told me they had heard horror stories too when I went to them after being fired from this job over a mistake that I made that really wasn't that big of a deal.

Advice to Management

I know in this age of globalization that we have to cut costs, but would it be so bad to actually treat people with respect?

reviews filtered by

Horrific

Former Employee - Clerical in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Clerical in Eagan, MN

I worked at Factory Motor Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice break rooms. Employee anniversary treats once a month. (Wait, I was told they took that away when they missed their annual sales goal by 0.7%.)

Cons

Management through fear and condescension. If you're not a management favorite, you're doomed. Don't expect constructive criticism from your team leader, just criticism. (and a lot of it) Do NOT make excuses why you cannot complete 60 hours of work in 45 hours.

Advice to Management

Have you ever wondered why people walk through the cube isles saying things like "The rats are leaving the ship."? Treat people as if they have at least a little value. That would be a giant step up.

Hideous management skills and no respect.

Former Employee - Import Dealer Sales Representative in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Import Dealer Sales Representative in Eagan, MN

I worked at Factory Motor Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was better than expected

Cons

No training
    No reviews
    Terminated without cause or warning

Advice to Management

If you are going to hire someone, plan ahead. Think about getting that person in front of a trainer, or better yet, how about having your manager provide some training for you instead of making account calls? Maybe instead of saying "find every dealer in these three cities and call them 10 times a week and sell! sell! sell!", maybe pull your head out of your ass and help! help! help! 31 years of experience with a company does not necessarily make someone a good manager. When will people realize that fact!? And how often do you really think a parts manager is going to want to take your call? My guess is that more than once a week and you are just looking for a rejection or an ignore.