There are newer employer reviews for Factual

Just ok.

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Factual full-time

Pros

Good mission, strong product and data offerings, brilliant and humble CEO, nice technology experience, bright people, nice office perks and snacks

Cons

The compensation is on the low-end as far as salary goes. Stock options might make up for this but that's of course a gamble. There's not much transparency as far as how compensation is handled. Some managers are hard to work with.

Hire more personable managers. Help people know they're getting a fair deal for compensation by adding more transparency (e.g., lay out ranges of compensation for different levels of experience and stage joining the company).

reviews filtered by
  1. Factual is invested in furthering its employees careers.

I have been working at Factual

Pros

One of the best things about Factual is how much management cares about the well being of its employees. My managers have meetings with me on a regular basis to discuss "workplace health." Basically, they ask if I am happy with what I am working on, and if I feel that what I am working on is helping me progress toward my career goals. This really makes me feel that Factual is invested in me.

Cons

People in the company worry that Factual is not growing fast enough. I think this stems from the difficulty of conveying Factual's technical benefits to non-technical customers.

2. Fun and challenging Big Data Start-Up with a world class CEO

Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Factual full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The perks are amazing, and the company places a lot of value on culture. People at Factual aren't just coworkers, they are friends. Internally the company creates social groups to accommodate a wide variety of interests - from beer to hiking to surfing to board gaming. Depending on your team, there is quite a lot of flexibility with regard to hours. Get in late and work late if that's your thing. Also, unlimited vacation with approval. I personally have never heard of anyone being denied a vacation request.

The work is challenging and there is a lot to be done. If you show the capability, you will continually be provided with opportunities to grow.

Cons

Compensation is below market, though recent raises have alleviated that to some extent. Depending on your role, you may need to direct your time. If you have trouble working without structure, Factual may not be a great fit.

Be sure to communicate clearly with the company, make plans for infrastructure as company continues to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Factual