Fairchild Semiconductor
www.fairchildsemi.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Good place for both career advancement and family life

FAE (Current Employee)
Modesto, CA

ProsCompany is driven to do well but also leaves room for having life outside of work. Pay and benefits are very good. Plan going forward is solid with good focus. Excellent Strategic customer focus through out the company.

ConsPoor Regional Sales plan with to much focus on regional revenue (shipping) and not enough focus on growing design wins and working across regions to grow second level revenue. Learning to have more upside capacity but slow to setup causing severe pain in regional sales chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on grow brand awareness and winning sockets, less focus on losing sockets based on price at CM. Focus and teamwork on important end equipments and winning at the top customers. Utilize the knowledge gained here to produce better support material to be used by both regional sales and distribution to expand customer pool.

Facilities

South Portland, ME

I have been working at Fairchild Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you want to know the right way to run a facilities dept... maint, eng, eviro, etc. Fairchild… Cons: like anywhere else, do more with less. Everyone is spread… Advice to Senior Management: Need better health ins... copays too high for specialists. Need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management changs have not made a difference in the bottom line

Director (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Fairchild Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Operations teams at manufacturing sites perform well. Cons: Product portfolio drives mediocre margins at best. Advice to Senior Management: Fix the product and process development methodology soon No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fairchild Semiconductor.

Worked for Fairchild Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairchild Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fairchild Semiconductor CEO Mark S. Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by Fairchild Semiconductor employees.