Fairchild Semiconductor

www.fairchildsemi.com

Process Engineering group in West Jordan

ProsGreat people throughout the plant who are willing to work very hard to accomplish tasks. Management may now understand how important their employees are to site success.

ConsThe West Jordan Plant used to be a different place. We have lost a great deal of our knowledge base in all levels from operators through engineering/management. Very poor moral within the site. Very high attrition rate and very few opportunities for advancement even with education. The culture has changed completely and there is little to no risk taking anymore. This used to be a core value of our site. I have always enjoyed working here, but will begin looking elsewhere (just like many others recently).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work to retain talent, it is a big part of our success and has been for many years. Be more open about the plant direction and objectives. Bring back a cohesiveness that is now lacking and help to reduce the "fear" that permeates the ranks.

Hold onto your hat!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fairchild Semiconductor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay, good bonus structure, health insurance second to none. Excellent Cafe. Many initiatives to… Cons: Constant organizational changes. Contract workers are wave of future. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

it was a great and wonderful experienced...

Quality Assurance Inspectors (Former Employee) Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

I worked at Fairchild Semiconductor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: the company is compettitve, challenging, we can meet different types of people and investing lots of… Cons: if got an arguements among my colegues... Advice to Senior Management: treat people like people... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fairchild Semiconductor.

Worked for Fairchild Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!