Fairfax County Public Schools

Great place to work.....but

Teacher (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I worked at Fairfax County Public Schools

ProsWorking for FCPS as a teacher does have a lot of positives. The health benefits are great, and there are a ton of resources for teachers to grow and collaborate. Support from the administration is probably best judged on a school by school basis, but my principal was great. The job is great and I loved working with the kids. I had a ton of resources at my disposal and was able to be very successful.

ConsThe con of working for FCPS exists with the Fairfax County Board of Commisioners and the school board. Salaries have been frozen for several years and this essentially amounts to a pay cut. You are better off working at surrounding counties.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to pay teachers what they deserve.

Great Experience

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I worked at Fairfax County Public Schools

Pros: Convenient, Good pay, Great co-workers, Flexible Cons: No room for advancement, kids don't respond well to substitute… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe offer a better 'integration system' for substitutes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great work life balance

Teacher (Former Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I worked at Fairfax County Public Schools

Pros: The kids are a great subsection of the population, and have a great attitude. The new leadership coming in… Cons: The previous 6 year administration, destroyed the communal culture and drove out a lot of the best teachers and staff. The rest have lots of… Advice to Senior Management: You have a great group of kids and teachers to work with, I wish you the best. Make sure to quickly identify, isolate, and remediate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fairfax County Public Schools.

Worked for Fairfax County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairfax County Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fairfax County Public Schools CEO Jack D Dale . All reviews posted anonymously by Fairfax County Public Schools employees.