Fairfax County Virginia
www.fairfaxcounty.gov 5000+ Employees

A good place to visit and sometimes stay

Consultant (Former Employee)
Fairfax, VA

ProsSupportive if you have a good supervisor and you are able to move laterally fairly easily. Flexible scheduling available in most departments and you are able to have access to management. Job security is pretty good, but this can be a con as well.

ConsLike most government jobs, some of the management have been there forever and are inflexible and afraid of change. Too many jobs go to people known to the hiring manager. Some of the ways things are done are only known by the staff who have been there the longest.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor hiring more closely. Write more department procedures down so the knowledge is shared (and does not leave with the employee).

FCPD good for some, but observation of civilian personnel and some officers frequently treated poorly...

I have been working at Fairfax County Virginia full-time

Pros: Solid average salary and overall compensation package; access to many resources… Cons: Archaic, aggressive, and close-minded organizational structure and "chain of command"; Observation of hostile… Advice to Senior Management: Support ongoing professional development; cultivate culture of respect and cooperation;… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

FCPA, specifically SPring Hill RECenter offered a friendly environment to work.

Fitness (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

I worked at Fairfax County Virginia full-time for more than a year

Pros: The staff are genuine and easy to work with along… Cons: The pay could be more competitive but is what's expected… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fairfax County Virginia.

Worked for Fairfax County Virginia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairfax County Virginia reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Fairfax County Virginia employees.