Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
www.fairmont.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

A decent way to launch your hospitality career

Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsThe people are wonderful and friendly for the most part (what you would expect from luxury hotel employees) and the company is fairly dedicated to promoting from within. There are also a number of great perks - free meals, hotel discounts, super cheap laundry service, and networking with the hundreds of guests that come each week.

ConsYour social life will be heavily impacted no matter what department you work for. If you're in the front office, forget it - you will be at work all hour of the morning, afternoon, evening - nothing is off limits. I often found myself working 6 days a week, staying for overtime, etc.

Also don't expect any leniency on your schedule - if you're scheduled for a 6am shift, you better not waltz in at 6:01.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at your Front Desk staff and who has the potential to grow. I watched a lot of people with potential come and go, completely overlooked by short-sighted management.

Prepare to Marry the job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Pros: great movement in company luxury aspect corporation experience unions for hourly beautiful building Cons: They dont take well to a social life outside the work hours. Many times the company expects you not to have other friends or very… Advice to Senior Management: Understand your staffs goals, what to do to move forward and retention of employees. Allow them to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

beautiful surroundings with opportunity to create lasting memories for guests and colleagues alike

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Pros: - meet interesting people, both colleagues and guests - beautiful physical… Cons: - not much accountability from upper management - needs improvement on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts CEO William Fatt. All reviews posted anonymously by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts employees.