Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
www.fairmont.com Toronto, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Fairmont: Sonoma & Big Island

Banquets and Special Events Captain (Former Employee)
Sonoma, CA

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGorgeous properties, great benefits, fun people, good work.

ConsBoth the hotels I worked for (Sonoma Mission Inn and on the Orchid on Big Island) were embarrassingly nepotistic when it came to hiring of their highest level management. Definitely the mid-level managers and below were the ones really doing the work, higher than that and they were almost political figures, rather than people who worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ignore the company mission to cross train employees. Try to not kill your mid-level managers and promote prima donnas to the top.

Hard work

Room Attendant (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros: People are friendly for the most part. Above average pay.… Cons: The other area of the hotel look down upon house keeping. The work is very pyshically demand, which leads to call off ALOT. Then the… Advice to Senior Management: Don't over load the worker that actually show up to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda Resort

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)
New Canada, ME

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good for your resume Great place to build your career Cons: heavy work load poor work-life balance Advice to Senior Management: Focus on employee development, especial for management trainee. enhance them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts CEO William Fatt. All reviews posted anonymously by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts employees.