There are newer employer reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Fun and engaging, with room to grow.

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

So many benefits, there are too many to list. Everyone I work with is genuine. I love coming to work every day.

Cons

Working at a hotel doesn't pay very much.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Good Company (I've heard) Bad Property

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits package is the best I've ever had.

Cons

They pay the least of the mountain properties.
    Consequently, the employees they attract are either completely inexperienced or couldn't keep a position with a company/location that has any sense of accountability.

The colleagues that do have a sense of responsibility are taken advantage of and eventually driven out by exhaustion and resentment.

There are next to no repercussions for things that elsewhere would get you fired on the spot.
    Favoritism runs rampant.

All of the executives are so far removed from their staff that they have no idea what actually occurs
    when they are not there. (They all work 9-5.)

Don't even think about trying to get off a holiday of any sort even if you've worked there for mutiple years/are the highest seniority.
    You won't know what day/time you work until 5 days before it occurs.
    Your schedule will change constantly and you will not be notified.
    Your entire existence must revolve around the hotel and when they need you.
    You will be told you are full-time and then get as little as 15 hours a week during slow times. If you dare to try and get another job during said slow months they will schedule you at times that they know you work at the other job forcing you to choose.
    You will never have set days off.

No training program to speak of beyond the whole "drink our kool-aid" branding.

Don't expect to have the equipment you require to do your job. You will likely have to "steal" it from another department.

Addictions, theft, and bullying run rampant and are often times condoned by supervisors and management as they are friends with their colleagues.

Have a presence in the hotel when most events occur (nights and weekends.) Hold everyone equally accountable for their actions. Don't hire for quantity hire for quality. Be willing to invest in your property and your colleagues.

great experience, would recommend to a friend

Pros

great location, great benefits, lost of advantages

Cons

not much opportunity to grow within the company

There are newer employer reviews for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!