There are newer employer reviews for Fairview Health

My experience at Fairview was pretty good overall.

I worked at Fairview Health

Pros

Good Staff
Decent Pay
Great location
Great mission and vision
Great New Leadership
Always looking for Improvement in the community

Cons

Not enough coordination between the departments
Lacks good communication
Difficult to follow department head
Departments have their own agendas

57 Other Employee Reviews for Fairview Health (View Most Recent)

Some really good people and some really bad ones.

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working with such close contact to the actual caregivers. It did feel like the work I was doing could directly impact the care patients were receiving. There were also a handful of coworkers who were downright brilliant - but, unfortunately, they weren't always the ones in the management positions.

Cons

I was working as an analyst in a relatively new group. My coworkers were really nice, but I wasn't convinced that the team had much of a solid vision. We seemed to be another cog in the giant wheel of healthcare spending, and weren't really working towards any greater good.

Innovation doesn't hurt, I promise :)

Beware

Current Employee - IT Professional  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Fairview Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay checks usually clear, but don't expect them to ever get larger.

Cons

The outlook for this company is grim; there is no money to do anything unless it is putting out a fire. In fact, that is the only way anything gets done is if there a breach, a failure, an emergency.
    The most unqualified people are watching the most critical systems. The most overqualified people are doing mundane tasks. There is no room to move, no chance to advance, no plan for improvement or training unless you are hired in far below your market value (then enjoy the training while you can get it).
    Things move slow where there are no fires. Vendors are brought in to do the serious, fun, resume-building work because noone wants to be set up for the blame game if something goes wrong.
    The best employees just disappear. No explanation and the ones left behind are often the ones that got fired somewhere else.
    This is simply the most toxic environment I have ever witness and I am ashamed to tell people I worked here as long as I did.

All of management, at least in the IT department, needs to be reevaluated. There is a lot of unprofessional vendor favoritism going on and most decisions are not being made with Fairview's long-term best interest in mind.

There are newer employer reviews for Fairview Health

Worked for Fairview Health? Contribute to the Community!