Falconstor...Not Enterprise ready. Great ideas, poor follow through

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melville, NY
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Melville, NY

I worked at FalconStor

Pros

Competive pay structure for engineers in a down market. For smaller companies that have fewer requirements and would prefer to have the vendor configure everything, a portion of their software offerings would work well (VLT). Developing some interesting products. Very aggresive sales force.

Cons

Falsonstor needs better upper management; most have an engineering background and have little management/executive experience. Plain and simply put, management doesn't understand the enterprise customer. The company is having problems establishing and maintaining a foothold in the enterprise space...plagued with constant software problems. Most of the enterprise customers they have had over the last five years are moving to other vendors due to having suffered multiple failures or major outages resulting in data loss. There is little to no documentation available to distribute covering best-practices and deployment strategies. Documentation is only created upon request. Employees are not provided enough information and direction to have a chance to succeed

Advice to Management

Treat people with a little more respect. Honor is more than a word thrown out in a conversation, there is a deeper meaning. Underhanded management and sales practices never lend themselves to succeeding in the marketspace. Customers are smarter then that and should be treated as such.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unemployment is better than working at FalconStor

Current Employee - Sales Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at FalconStor

Pros

Because your unemployment has run out

Cons

in my opihnion they do not treat peoplee with respect, they are more interested in the short term gain than the long term gain

Advice to Management

They should look at the big picture not the transaction, you will keep your custoemrs longer. Stop selling stuff that does not worf

2. the little engine that could?

Current Employee - Storage Engineer
    Current Employee - Storage Engineer

I have been working at FalconStor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Startup environment where there are no completely defined roles so everyday one can find themselves doing a different role. I cover support and sales along with a regular presales work. I work often alone which means that though I work a lot, I make my schedule.

Cons

Present engineering management does not inspire confidence. We often seem to low on resources

Advice to Management

Change your engineer management. Make sure newly released products are ready.