Fallon Community Health Plan

www.fchp.org

Excellent place for an employee, rougher for the middle management (cause senior management is a pain)

Current Employee - Oracle Data Warehouse Developer  in  Worcester, MA
Current Employee - Oracle Data Warehouse Developer in Worcester, MA

Pros

The employees are good souls, helpful, smart, supportive and very (even over) qualified for their jobs. You can count on fellow employees and middle management both to do the right thing, treat you well and perform high quality work. The leader of the company also seems to care about the right things and is involved in constantly making the company a better place to work. Pay is decent though not outstanding, but it is boosted by an in house bonus system and good matching on the 401k and good benefits. All in all - very nice place to work.

Cons

The VPs / Senior management seem to be a bit out of touch with, well, everything. Additionally, whatever their worth to the company is supposed to be - it's unseeable from the employee level. Budget management seems to be a particular problem for them, and many of the actions we see (such as giving an employee an office then taking it away immediately) or hear (one was quoted directly as saying "they don't care about the employees, they just want them to keep their heads down and be quiet" ) are probably out of context but but paint an uncomfortably ugly picture. I can't say what the true picture is - but the image is very negative and we don't see much to contradict it.

Work on their project management and communication skills, work on their image within the company. Communicate with those below them with more than just (seemingly) arbitrary commands and expectations. Value their employee's and managers more (or they'll end up losing them.) The CEO is more approachable and more caring and involved with the employees of the company than the Senior Management is...
I know a lot of the senior management is new (as the company grows it needs more VPs I guess) - but the company's growth shouldn't eliminate the good aspects it had - like the employees knowing and caring about those they work with, and the current set up actually seems to be moving backward... building ill will rather than loyalty to the new higher ups.

Other reviews for Fallon Community Health Plan

It started rocky but much better at this point.

Pros

I love my co-workers and for the most part upper management. My professional and career growth so far are great and I cannot wait to continue to move forward.

Cons

Too much responsibilities and not enough time, with my department time off is not flexible and there isn't much of a work/life balance.

Work on the work.life balance.

No work/life balance at all.

Pros

1) Affable co-workers
    2) Convenient location
    3) Competitive Pay

Cons

1) There aren't enough resources given the amount of work they expect done. Highly unrealistic expectations from management, who often seem out of touch with the day to day operation of the company.

2) It varies slightly by department, but there is little to no work/life balance. Overtime is the norm, which is good for compensation, but not so good for long-term health or sanity.

3) Processes in place are generally one of two extremes - they're either non-existent in a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants way or overly-convoluted to point where it prevents anything from getting accomplished.

Survey your employees, and actually listen to the feedback. They have a lot to say if you're willing to listen.

There are newer employer reviews for Fallon Community Health Plan.

Worked for Fallon Community Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!