Fallon Community Health Plan

www.fchp.org

Excellent place for an employee, rougher for the middle management (cause senior management is a pain)

Oracle Data Warehouse Developer (Current Employee) Worcester, MA

ProsThe employees are good souls, helpful, smart, supportive and very (even over) qualified for their jobs. You can count on fellow employees and middle management both to do the right thing, treat you well and perform high quality work. The leader of the company also seems to care about the right things and is involved in constantly making the company a better place to work. Pay is decent though not outstanding, but it is boosted by an in house bonus system and good matching on the 401k and good benefits. All in all - very nice place to work.

ConsThe VPs / Senior management seem to be a bit out of touch with, well, everything. Additionally, whatever their worth to the company is supposed to be - it's unseeable from the employee level. Budget management seems to be a particular problem for them, and many of the actions we see (such as giving an employee an office then taking it away immediately) or hear (one was quoted directly as saying "they don't care about the employees, they just want them to keep their heads down and be quiet" ) are probably out of context but but paint an uncomfortably ugly picture. I can't say what the true picture is - but the image is very negative and we don't see much to contradict it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on their project management and communication skills, work on their image within the company. Communicate with those below them with more than just (seemingly) arbitrary commands and expectations. Value their employee's and managers more (or they'll end up losing them.) The CEO is more approachable and more caring and involved with the employees of the company than the Senior Management is...
I know a lot of the senior management is new (as the company grows it needs more VPs I guess) - but the company's growth shouldn't eliminate the good aspects it had - like the employees knowing and caring about those they work with, and the current set up actually seems to be moving backward... building ill will rather than loyalty to the new higher ups.

It started rocky but much better at this point.

I have been working at Fallon Community Health Plan

Pros: I love my co-workers and for the most part upper management. My professional and… Cons: Too much responsibilities and not enough time, with my department time… Advice to Senior Management: Work on the work.life balance. More

No work/life balance at all.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fallon Community Health Plan

Pros: 1) Affable co-workers 2) Convenient location 3) Competitive Pay Cons: 1) There aren't enough resources given the amount of work they expect done. Highly unrealistic expectations from management, who often seem out of touch with… Advice to Senior Management: Survey your employees, and actually listen to the feedback. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fallon Community Health Plan.

Worked for Fallon Community Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!