There are newer employer reviews for Familia Dental

Good company to start with opportunities to grow, just be patient!

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL
Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Familia trains it's employees and let's it's employees grow.

Cons

Some of the personalities amongst the Dentists are "Godly" and they do not fit in well with the standards of the company nor do some of the Dentists appreciate the wonderful staff that are working with them and are training with them (even after a year).

Advice to Management

All the dentists that work there need to be checked for customer service skils. Observations of the Dentists in cooperation with their Dental Assistants need to be checked on frequently, because if Dentists are given the "run" of the company the soul and heart of the Dental Assistants will be low because many of the Dentists have a "God" like complex when dealing with the Dental Assistants and sometimes with the patients.

All of our dental assistants were hired on for full-time work but were never given full-time hours.

reviews filtered by

Promise you the world with little delivery.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time

Pros

Growing company with decent salaries.

Cons

Corporate management is extremely controlling and has consistant tendancies to micromanage their employees. This includes cameras in the staff areas to make sure there are not personal conversations occuring at work. The salary was not worth the headaches that were caused by being overworked and underappreciated. Also, the benefits package was virtually nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Be honest and appreciate your staff. They will work harder for you and be more passionate about their work, which will better your business in the long run.

2. I LOVE MY JOB!

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great pay with monthly bonus opportunity. great benefits with paid time off. very supportive management team both in office and corp.

Cons

long hours on some days, need better medical insurance

Advice to Management

offer free dental coverage for employees and family

Familia Dental Response

Apr 9, 2015Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at Familia Dental. As you may know, we are constantly reviewing our benefit package and making adjustments to the benefits offered. I ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Familia Dental