There are newer employer reviews for Familia Dental

Good company to start with opportunities to grow, just be patient!

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL
Former Employee - Dental Assistant in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Familia Dental full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Familia trains it's employees and let's it's employees grow.

Cons

Some of the personalities amongst the Dentists are "Godly" and they do not fit in well with the standards of the company nor do some of the Dentists appreciate the wonderful staff that are working with them and are training with them (even after a year).

All the dentists that work there need to be checked for customer service skils. Observations of the Dentists in cooperation with their Dental Assistants need to be checked on frequently, because if Dentists are given the "run" of the company the soul and heart of the Dental Assistants will be low because many of the Dentists have a "God" like complex when dealing with the Dental Assistants and sometimes with the patients.

All of our dental assistants were hired on for full-time work but were never given full-time hours.

reviews filtered by

Promise you the world with little delivery.

I worked at Familia Dental full-time

Pros

Growing company with decent salaries.

Cons

Corporate management is extremely controlling and has consistant tendancies to micromanage their employees. This includes cameras in the staff areas to make sure there are not personal conversations occuring at work. The salary was not worth the headaches that were caused by being overworked and underappreciated. Also, the benefits package was virtually nonexistent.

Be honest and appreciate your staff. They will work harder for you and be more passionate about their work, which will better your business in the long run.

2. After 1 year as a Manager for this company I can say honestly that they go above and beyond for their employees.

Current Employee - Manager in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Familia Dental

Pros

They support their office managers and allow you to make your own decisions and offer you the support necessary to make changes for the better of your office and the company. Familia has been great to me and my family and supported me inside the work office as well as outside of the work office. Familia also came forward to help one of my employees in need in a way bigger sense than I ever anticipated and this is something I will never forget. If you do your job and what is expected of you they have your back hands down they won't drop the ball as long as in return you do the same and keep your patients and staff happy.

Cons

As a manager you occasionally have to work long hours however sometimes that is necessary in order to have your office running in an acceptable manner based by corporate standards as well as should be your own standards. You always should want the best for not only your patients but your staff as well and sometimes that requires you to put in extra time and attention.

DO NOT take this job if you are just looking for a paycheck or an easy ride. This job is what you make of it plain and simple. If you ARE a hard worker and a dedicated, motivated individual then you have found an exceptional company to build a profitable and rewarding career around. I put in a lot of hard work for my patients, my staff as well as my doctors and after a year I still love my job and look forward to all the upcoming changes as well as challenges that will be coming my way. Always remember no matter what you're facing there is always someone rather staff member or patient who are facing equally or even possibly more of a challenge in life than you are so a smile and friendly attitude is key!

There are newer employer reviews for Familia Dental