Family Christian Stores

www.familychristian.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Family Christian Stores

It was a very employee friendly workplace.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Family Christian Stores

Pros

Christian environment, appreciative management, great customer base, potential for advancement, convenient location, compatible as a night and weekend job, friendly

Cons

shortage of hours for employees, low pay scale, pressure to constantly focus on sales goal, leaning excessively on the corporate side

Advice to Management

The business aspects of the corporate structure should be recentered on standing out in such a way as to provide a Christian based atmosphere.

reviews filtered by

Are you thinking about working for FCS??? Run Run Far Far Away!!!!!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Benefits
    Customers and staff
    PTO
    Promotional Product
    With this company that's all there really really really really is for Pro's.

Cons

I was always told to speak the truth, so here we go! As I sit here mind you I haven't worked for this company for a while, I still feel sick to my stomach for how they treat their employees. I have been told by the DM that I work for her 24/7. So she was telling me that she owned me. Truly the only thing that kept me going everyday was seeing my regular customers with smiles on their faces. They were happy because of the great customer service they received on a daily basis. If only the DM and Upper Management saw this MAYBE they would change their tune!! I understand about impulse buying principles and where you need to place those objects throughout the store, but to have EVERYTHING at the register is a bunch of crap!! If I was a customer I would be annoyed at how many things they make you try and buy as you are LEAVING!!! The metric system they have for this company is a load of cow manure..they give you the same $5 items to sell OVER AND OVER!! So when you are a customer trying to leave the store with a purchase of $20 and even that is over your budget, they make you feel horrible and pissed off by the time you are leaving.
    I know that employees that work at the Corporate Office feel differently about their work environment than we do. My suggestion is you come and work in the trenches and TRY to make these metrics that you place on us every month!! Give us the opportunity to grade YOU and write you up for not making World Vision or MOB'S...WV is a great ministry but it's not the best ministry of choice for certain stores. My old DM does not live out what I believe to be the best way to motivate her managers. There were SOOO many days that I didn't want to come to work because of the nasty emails that she would send out on a DAILY basis. Most people would be happy if your store did well on sales that day...not this company..they only care about those four metrics!! To me the only thing Christian about this company is the merchandise in the store and sometimes the sign out front (that's if it is working)...

Advice to Management

The CEO/COO/CFO/CMO--ALL RVP's and DM's need to come work IN the stores on the registers and see if they can meet those unrealistic numbers they place on their stores EVERY DAY!!! I will bet a lot of money that 90% of them would be written up in the first month alone! You also need to have training for your DM's to learn to motivate their managers instead of degrading them and threatening their jobs every week. Also, CLOSE your dang stores on Sundays so everyone can spend time with their families. If you truly want to live out your mission and Family is first...act like it!! You might keep great managers around if you did that!! Managers shouldn't be working over 50 hours a week and getting paid like crap!! They are the heart and soul of your Company and you need to treat them well. Your company has already lost a lot of loyal customers due to the way you treat your Managers!! Lastly, give your hard-working managers a RAISE or BONUS...THEY DESERVE IT!!!! Take away a lot of your extra perks you get at Corporate and give back to the stores!! You think that 30% discount for the employees is great...you are giving out coupons to the customers for the SAME DISCOUNT!!!! So now you are taking away a perk for the employees!!!!!

It's an okay company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Family Christian Stores

Pros

Work with a majority of positive customers.
    Work with World Vision to help sponsor children.
    Employees are mostly positive and fun to work with.

Cons

Very low pay.
    No raises.
    No benefits.
    You have force all customers into buying 3+ items when they're in the stores.