Family Dollar Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Overall pleasant.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huachuca City, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huachuca City, AZ

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Had wonderful co-workers and in store Management.

Cons

Other area stores in a negative competition with each other. I.E. Making bad reports against one another to GM. GM expects you to work no matter your health level. I once had to work with double walking pneumonia and ear infections.

Don't underestimate your 3rd key and other CSR's, they will go to the ends of the earth to help you if you are a Team leader, not a 'do as I say not as I do' type. Be easy going while still expecting top notch. And understand your employee's have a life at home, that is ultimately why they are working with you.

724 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

Family Dollar is not a place for Family!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Jonesville, LA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Jonesville, LA

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Perfect job for someone that has no other commitments.

Cons

Insufficient training time for any level of employment. Not enough employees or payroll to get the job done. Store Manager is required to work six days a week, if the store is in good shape. If it's not, then you have to work seven days a week until it is up to standards. Store Manager is required to cover shifts, in event of call-ins. There were days that I made barely above minimum wage as a Store Manager.

Someone in the Home Office needs to realize that Store Managers are not married to Family Dollar and need to have time to relax. Putting six or seven days a week into a business that is not their own is a lot to ask for the pay.

Horrible Company to work for! You are not an Employee you are there SLAVE

Current Employee - Cashier in London, KY
    Current Employee - Cashier in London, KY

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting and Greeting new people daily, & offering lower prices to low income family's

Cons

Expect way to much out of employees, Daily tasks are daunting! District Managers are Power Hungry & have no respect for there amazing store managers & Cashiers

Get rid of 3rd party companies such as Drive-line to setup new items or reset stores & teach store employees to do this themselves to free up budget's & allow extra payroll for busy times, Allow Cashier's to have drinks readily available to them behind the check-out, Im sure any customer wouldn't complain about an employee having something to drink! Abolish the cover Tattoo policy, I personally think it's discrimination unless the tattoo's are offensive, Allow cashier's to Void more than just the last item scanned, this would free up alot more of mgmt's time running back and fourth for scanning errors that a cashier could easily correct, Install Anti-Theft alarms which could eliminate shrink & be a very wise long term investment, have CCTV behind the check-out so cashiers could watch suspicious activity again helping reduce shrink.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores