Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Overall pleasant.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Huachuca City, AZ

ProsHad wonderful co-workers and in store Management.

ConsOther area stores in a negative competition with each other. I.E. Making bad reports against one another to GM. GM expects you to work no matter your health level. I once had to work with double walking pneumonia and ear infections.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't underestimate your 3rd key and other CSR's, they will go to the ends of the earth to help you if you are a Team leader, not a 'do as I say not as I do' type. Be easy going while still expecting top notch. And understand your employee's have a life at home, that is ultimately why they are working with you.

I need motivators & responsible employees to keep me going.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Copperas Cove, TX

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: To invest. And learn while time goes.. Cons: The company doesnt have a good training opportunity. They should make more classes, trainings, especially for… Advice to Senior Management: Never demand an employee, and be fair. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Simply the worst company I have ever worked for...

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people I worked with were second to none. They… Cons: You as a store manager are expected to work 6 days a week, upwards of 60 to 70 hours. You are expected to unload a… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your people and treat them right. Give them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.