Family Dollar Stores

www.familydollar.com
  www.familydollar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

I have never been treated so bad in my life~They made it easy to quit!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Arco, ID
Former Employee - Store Manager in Arco, ID

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no good reason.

Cons

Overworked , under paid, treated like a dog. Conflict of interest when DM and Traning manager are best friends. takes away subjectivity and profesionalism!

It is illegal to work people over 60-70 hours a week for way under minimum pay!

668 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

Poorly Managed- No clear vision or direction-Lack Professionalism in Corporate

Current Employee - Analyst in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My individual team was very talented.

Cons

Goals and Objectives were unclear. Direction changed weekly. Lack of proffesionalism even at the Director level. Directors do not know how to lead, they cause more chaos that benefit. No one is forward thinking, its a very reactive business specifically the transportation department. Management is absolutely horrible. You would not know that you are working in a proffesional environment.

Develop your people. Train your managers so that they can lead the organization. Treat everyone fair with respect.

Simply the worst company I have ever worked for...

Former Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were second to none. They worked hard for me and I made lasting relationships.

Cons

You as a store manager are expected to work 6 days a week, upwards of 60 to 70 hours. You are expected to unload a 1500 piece truck with only 2 people in under 2 hours. I usually made it close to the time, but most people can't. Most of the stores are in rough areas, with high crime rates and depressed areas. They put the safe right up front. I was robbed 7 times in 3 years working with the company. I had guns pointed at various body parts including my head. I was injured in one of the robberies and had my rotator cuff torn. They have no compassion for your family time and if your injured and have to have surgery. They expect you to work injured. I will be 10 percent disabled for the rest of my life because they would not adhere to my Dr's limitations. They constantly look for ways to fire your associates. They don't give raises to their best employees until it is time to lose them. I trained new store managers. They gave me the laziest, meanest and grouchy people to train. Even after I said they wouldn't work out, they said well you trained them the best you could. They ran the stores into the ground, so we had to go clean them up after a few months. I ran a very clean and profitable store. My employees were happy as well as the neighborhood enjoyed my store. Just because my arm is permanently disabled and I can't work 60 hors a week anymore, they took me off the schedule and said they would find me another job. They never called me back and the only reason I knew they let me go was with a letter from my insurance company saying I was cancelled. Simply cowardly!

Invest in your people and treat them right. Give them raises and give them more than 1 day off.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores