Horrible Company to work for! You are not an Employee you are there SLAVE

Current Employee - Cashier in London, KY
Current Employee - Cashier in London, KY

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting and Greeting new people daily, & offering lower prices to low income family's

Cons

Expect way to much out of employees, Daily tasks are daunting! District Managers are Power Hungry & have no respect for there amazing store managers & Cashiers

Advice to Management

Get rid of 3rd party companies such as Drive-line to setup new items or reset stores & teach store employees to do this themselves to free up budget's & allow extra payroll for busy times, Allow Cashier's to have drinks readily available to them behind the check-out, Im sure any customer wouldn't complain about an employee having something to drink! Abolish the cover Tattoo policy, I personally think it's discrimination unless the tattoo's are offensive, Allow cashier's to Void more than just the last item scanned, this would free up alot more of mgmt's time running back and fourth for scanning errors that a cashier could easily correct, Install Anti-Theft alarms which could eliminate shrink & be a very wise long term investment, have CCTV behind the check-out so cashiers could watch suspicious activity again helping reduce shrink.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Poorly Managed- No clear vision or direction-Lack Professionalism in Corporate

Current Employee - Analyst in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My individual team was very talented.

Cons

Goals and Objectives were unclear. Direction changed weekly. Lack of proffesionalism even at the Director level. Directors do not know how to lead, they cause more chaos that benefit. No one is forward thinking, its a very reactive business specifically the transportation department. Management is absolutely horrible. You would not know that you are working in a proffesional environment.

Advice to Management

Develop your people. Train your managers so that they can lead the organization. Treat everyone fair with respect.

Overall pleasant.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huachuca City, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huachuca City, AZ

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had wonderful co-workers and in store Management.

Cons

Other area stores in a negative competition with each other. I.E. Making bad reports against one another to GM. GM expects you to work no matter your health level. I once had to work with double walking pneumonia and ear infections.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your 3rd key and other CSR's, they will go to the ends of the earth to help you if you are a Team leader, not a 'do as I say not as I do' type. Be easy going while still expecting top notch. And understand your employee's have a life at home, that is ultimately why they are working with you.