Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Family Dollar is not a place for Family!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Jonesville, LA

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay and benefits. Perfect job for someone that has no other commitments.

ConsInsufficient training time for any level of employment. Not enough employees or payroll to get the job done. Store Manager is required to work six days a week, if the store is in good shape. If it's not, then you have to work seven days a week until it is up to standards. Store Manager is required to cover shifts, in event of call-ins. There were days that I made barely above minimum wage as a Store Manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone in the Home Office needs to realize that Store Managers are not married to Family Dollar and need to have time to relax. Putting six or seven days a week into a business that is not their own is a lot to ask for the pay.

You can do better...

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Macon, GA

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There were perks to hving this job??? Cons: A lot of stress and tearing down from upper management... Advice to Senior Management: Understand that employees need PERSONAL time.. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Over worked, under paid, good manager

Cashier (Current Employee)
Wellington, CO

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Not exactly min. wage ACd building and moderately non-physical work Cons: Bad scheduling Low pay Always up and working Advice to Senior Management: Keep on treating employees great Maybe work in a normal schedule Breaks… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.