There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Never Enough

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to have hands on experience assisting and getting to know customers has truly been a pleasure. Professional advancement is another great thing about the company.

Cons

The company sets to high of standards and very little pay. I am really confused how corporate offices can set monthly budget amounts so low for high yielding stores. i was shocked when I started working that the company does not offer employee discounts!

I was promoted to Assistant Store Manager withing three months of joining Family Dollar as a result of my hard work. I walked into this company with no prior knowledge and have exceeded what has been expected of me. I know I am ready for my own store. Why is it that some people have such an easy offer at store management and others don't? My advice to management?... Timothy Davis is ready to manage his own store!

613 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

did loved my job-stress free, hate it now-stressful

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  East Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in East Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

love working with people. customers were good. advancement, sort of, with stipulations or you have to brown nose or talk about people.

Cons

promise you all kinds of things to get you in. you like it at first...then a change of management... of all 3 district managers and rsvp-a joke. tell you, "you've been doing it all wrong". try to change then another change in dm. tell you, "you've been doing it all wrong". no thank you. had enough

after 1 surgery on the knee and wearing a brace on the other to prevent another surgery for the other...need i say anymore???

With ambition and hard work there are alot of opportunities, working with Family Dollar has made me very proud of myself

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Seagoville, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seagoville, TX

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*The everyday customers
    *Opportunities
    *Stability, I really believe even in a recession Family Dollar will still be operating.

Cons

*Working later takes some adjusting but will be worth it in the long run.

Just because the employee might be younger still listen to their ideas. It usually makes it easier.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!