There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

It's not what they Brag it up to be

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Sioux Falls, SD
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who shop there, and An employee or two, Benefits.

Cons

The training videos you put all the time into completeing, are nonsense, depending on the store you work at, they aren't even done according to procedure.. Things are signed off that should have been done, but aren't, just to make the paperwork look good for the head office. When your manager has the corporate office in their pocket, there will be no justice.....

Do a better check on your stores, employees, nd their satisfaction. Not just what your manager of the store, or the signed paperwork appears to look like. Actually hear the viable points of employees who are trying to better your store, by folowing procedures that even your store managers aren't.

614 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

It's okay mostly because the people I work with are cool.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Parkersburg, WV

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Simple work, not a lot of stress, pays weekly. GM works around my college schedule. Asst Manager isn't salary.

Cons

The pay sucks majorly. No discounts to speak of, I mean really, every retail job I've had gave you at least 10-20%. When you have truck day (one day every week) your day is wasted because you are basically on call to show up at a different time each week for about 5 hours and it is fairly fast paced moderately hard work. You have to break down every box manually when stocking shelves, time consuming and NO BOX COMPACTOR SUCKS.

Cashier pay is minimum wage which is to be expected, but Assistant Manager starts at $8/hr which is really not expected, it is a huge disappointment, that is 70 cents above minimum wage here, does not line up with the responsibilities. The Asst before me quit after one day. I'm sticking to it for a little while to see if this so-called manager meeting gets Asst any raises.

Never Enough

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to have hands on experience assisting and getting to know customers has truly been a pleasure. Professional advancement is another great thing about the company.

Cons

The company sets to high of standards and very little pay. I am really confused how corporate offices can set monthly budget amounts so low for high yielding stores. i was shocked when I started working that the company does not offer employee discounts!

I was promoted to Assistant Store Manager withing three months of joining Family Dollar as a result of my hard work. I walked into this company with no prior knowledge and have exceeded what has been expected of me. I know I am ready for my own store. Why is it that some people have such an easy offer at store management and others don't? My advice to management?... Timothy Davis is ready to manage his own store!

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!