Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

It is a ok place to work

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible with your schedule, good learning experience.

ConsVery cheap company, not much room for advancement. Expect you to work hard and the harder you work the less it seems they appreciate you. It seems like everyone in upper management works on a bonus system controlling strict labor costs and like they say s..t rolls down hill and effects the people working on store level and also effects customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people that make this company are the hard working people at store level. Bonus' for hourly workers and more appreciation would increase moral. Give stores more scheduled hours for employees so customers wouldn't have to wait in long lines and the normal day to day operations of having stores clean and stocked would be addressed and sales would increase. Health benefits are to costly for everyday hourly full time employees.

Decent company for beginning Managment

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
Lake Park, GA

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relatively Flexible Hours, available benefits Cons: Rather demanding work, Under compensating pay Advice to Senior Management: Promote you store managers better, slightly better pay almost always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to start!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Springfield, MA

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very good company to start with, you get a lot of experience from… Cons: As a Store Manager you must push 3/4 of the freight yourself and if your older that can be very hard to do, sometimes the… Advice to Senior Management: Let the Store Manager be the store manager not the stock boy, hire a stock person who's only job is stocking (not cashiering) 40hr a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.