Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Area Manager

Area Manager (Former Employee)
Odessa, TX

ProsThe pay is decent, the people are great, and there is a lot to learn in distrbution. You can move up here without a degree. So if you are a hard worker that goes noticed on the team member level.

Conswas promoted to an area manager after being a team member for 5 months. I thought I would recieve some training. Nothing. I was thrown out on the floor and expected to be perfect. I was constantly getting yelled at for nothing and had to work really long hours. Sometimes I would be there for 15 hours overnight. I worked hard for that company and felt like they just wanted to break me. I left there many days in tears and stress out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage. You have lost a lot of good people because of the way you treat them. People don't liked to get yelled at everyday. Listen to ideas, just don't dismiss them.

OK place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
    Matthews, NC

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great mid-level management and talent. Cons: The pay and benefits are below industry standards. Need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Family Dollar is an absolutely HORRIBLE place to work if you want to be properly payed for what you have to do...

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Woonsocket, RI

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros: The only pro would be that if you're an assistant… Cons: If you're an assistant manager, you get payed a little over 9 dollars per hour to start. The customers are mostly horrible. Management doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees more if you want to keep them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.