Family Dollar Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Disfunctional

Former Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a job and as with every life experience I learned some new things.

Cons

They pay you a salary with the expectation that you will work 52 hours. You are allowed a payroll budget for cashiers and assistant managers that does not stretch to the hours that you are required to be open. This means that you will be scheduling, not only your own 52 hours but also scheduling so as to not have to pay for an assistant manager. In effect, your salaried position, per hour will become closer to the assistant managers pay.

Your Store Managers typically last less than a year. Spend more time developing good quality managers and a position that they would desire stay in instead of using all your time, money and energy running through slew of unhappy managers.

695 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

Run for your life!

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet cool people. If you don't have good co-workers, then there are no pro's for this company.

Cons

Expecting one person do do the work load of 5. Be prepared to work by yourself your whole shift. Constant lines and one cashier. No raises. Bust your backside and never get rewarded or feel appreciated by upper management. Everything you do is never good enough. Very low budget. Not enough pay. As assistant manager a lot of us make maybe a dollar more than our cashiers. Feels like Family Dollar is just money hungry and doesn't give two you know what's about their employees. Not one person I worked with could actually say they ever enjoyed working here,

Increase the budget. Let stores be able to have at least two employees in the store at all times. Three employees would do a great deal of help. A lot more would get done, and would take a lot of stress off employees. I guarantee employees will stick a long a lot longer. Give raises, let us know were appreciated.

Not such a good experience.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dacono, CO
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dacono, CO

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The customers were great. My crew was also great. I liked the variety of things to do and, the challenge that came along with it.

Cons

Never saw a district manager but about 1 times a month. Could never get ahold of upper level mangement. Kinda left out to dry. Pretty much left alone without any support.

To be more involved with there managers. Maybe have an email program where managers can communicate with upper level management.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores