Family Dollar Stores

www.familydollar.com
  www.familydollar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Decent job, but hours are inconsistent

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pearl River, LA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pearl River, LA

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, generally easy going job.

Cons

Corporate is very strict about payroll so hours are very inconsistent. Never enough time to get the storeroom organized between trucks which is very frustrating. Riding on promises of promotion/raise and seeing nothing.

Don't be so strict with payroll. Give stores that make a lot of profit more budget do the employees can keep up with the day to day duties. My original store that had personal nightly deposits of around $600 on average had the same payroll as my current store doing average deposits of $1000. It makes little sense.

689 Other Employee Reviews for Family Dollar Stores (View Most Recent)

an okay job

Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Family Dollar Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get paid weekly. my manager gave me a lot of hours which allowed to make enough money for the week

Cons

it was not giving me the amount of time i needed for school

understand that students have different schedule and sometimes it might interfere with their performance at school and at work.

Great place to work if you need some cash, don't mind manual labor, and look for a better job once you're hired.

Former Employee - Order Filler in Marianna, FL
    Former Employee - Order Filler in Marianna, FL

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. Friendly upper-management. Friendly co-workers (out of 500+ people, 10 might be unfriendly). Production pay.

Cons

Poor equipment. Work environment works against you. Poor retention. Dangerous work environment. Departments don't try to work together like they should.

Plan the work schedule better and try to have more effect on what is decided for your facility on a corporate level. Alot of the issues you face are ones you can stop from ever occurring. I also feel that it's unfair of you to ask so much of your workers when you know that there are several factors hindering them from meeting their Argent goals. Especially when those hindrances are ones you are more than happy to ignore. Remain friendly and close to your workers. Your attitudes and the way you treat your workers like friends or equals is probably the only thing keeping most people there.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores