Family Health Centers of San Diego

www.fhcsd.org
  www.fhcsd.org
There are newer employer reviews for Family Health Centers of San Diego

The most rewarding job of the five positions I have had.

I have been working at Family Health Centers of San Diego

Pros

A chance to make a difference as part of a community-based mission. As a large health center, this organization truly understands, and is fully committed to serving people in need. It feels good when patients express their appreciation for your service. At the end of the day, I feel good about myself and about the organization I work for.

Cons

The work is hard, but that is the nature of working for a non-profit agency that demands the most of its people. In reading the negative review, it seems more reflective of the "former" employee than the employer. Some people aren't well suited to work in a service organization with high expectations.

In our jobs we see so many families and children in need, I hope our organization keeps growing.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Family Health Centers of San Diego (View Most Recent)

FHCSD does a lot of good for the community, but it works its employees to the bone.

I have been working at Family Health Centers of San Diego

Pros

The clinic is a regional leader in providing affordable care to poor people. The clinic is staffed by people who are very committed to serving others.

Cons

There is no work-life balance at Family Health Centers. People with hourly jobs (like physicians) are able to do their job and leave. However, everyone else works late all the time. If the administration would hire a few secretaries that might not be the case. But mostly, you're looking to get an answer to every question you have from some high-level employee who has no administrative assistant, and those people are all drowning in paper, voicemail, and misery.

FHCSD says it is kaizen, and that suggestions can come from the bottom up, but that isn't true. Everything is top down, and employees are asked to 'jump' at the last moment. The organization gives way less holidays and days off than similar organizations, and if you get sick, the first two days of sickness subtract from your vacation time. The clinic has a lot of good employees. Invest in making them happy to work there.

Family Health Centers of San Diego Response

Apr 3, 2014Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your experience as a FHCSD employee – we are sorry to hear about your negative experience with management, organization structure and paid time ... More

Management does not know how to treat employees. They only use people to their convenience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Family Health Centers of San Diego

Pros

Some supervisors are flexible when in need of taking time off.

Cons

People are not treated with respect and employees are underpaid. Managers do not want to help their staff succeed. The mission of this organization is to help people in need, yet employees and patients are treated poorly. When a patient complains about the type of service they are receiving the supervisors don't do anything. This organization does not care about their patients. All they want is to make money. Supervisors do not want to be responsible about anything and all they do is use their employees.

Allow employees the opportunity to grow; otherwise you will keep losing great staff with a lot of potential. Have compassion for others and be a good leader. And be respectful of the patients who go and get treated there. Thanks to them you have this job, even though you don't pay enough to your employees.

Family Health Centers of San Diego Response

Apr 3, 2014Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your experience as an employee at Family Health Centers of San Diego. We are sorry that you had a negative experience with our management ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Family Health Centers of San Diego