Family Heritage Life Insurance

www.familyheritagelife.com

Great People, Focus on Leadership Development, You get out what You put in

Sales Agent, Sales Manager, Trainer, Recruiter (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe sales managers and agents take a vested interest in you and seeing you do well. You get top-notch coaching and mentoring from people in your area who have proven results.

They teach you to work hard on yourself instead of just working hard on your business. If you read the negative reviews, they're all from people who just weren't willing to work hard....especially not on themselves. If you want some things to change in your life, you have to change some things!

You can work anywhere you want. If you want to work 10 minutes from home, you can - they do a great job here of training you how to sell B2B instead of just knocking on doors. If you like working in more rural areas, you'll have to travel more, but it's an easier sale. There's trade-offs with everything in life. One of my good friends used to work for a pharma company doing outside sales, and he got a $60k base + commissions + company perks (car, expense account, etc). He quit after a year because he put 60,000 miles on his car, never saw his wife, and worked with a lot of people who lacked character. I've never had that here. I've always gotten out what I put in.

Advance according to YOUR efforts! Your commission increases and your promotions to training/management roles are completely dependent on your performance, NOT politics or seniority. I was able to be in a training role in just my third month and by the end of my first year was recruiting, managing, and training. I love that I get to do the parts of the career that I love way more than the parts that I don't love :)

They do what they say they're going to do: the CEO, the sales directors, the sales managers - it's nice working with people you can count on.

ConsYou MUST put in the work. When you're new, it's 50-55 hours a week (so what...I worked that many hours for a LOT less money as an employee at jobs that I hated)...when you've settled in after a few months, it's 40-45.

You have to go out and talk to strangers. Call it what you will...cold-calling, pipelining, prospecting, etc. You will need to build your book of business, and the cheapest most effective way to do it is by starting out cold-calling. They train you, though, to be a professional instead of just being a peddler like so many other salespeople out there. It's not that bad. Eventually your business comes primarily from referrals, not from cold-calling.

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. If this was an easy career, everyone would make six figures a year and take 30 weeks off. You can do that, but it's going to take several years worth of hard work. The people I've seen that have quit spent more time looking for shortcuts than they did working hard - that's a recipe for disaster in this business, but it's the same in ANY business....unless you can trick someone into paying you hourly or salary for just showing up and going through the motions (and that's what they usually do. Then they complain about the people they work with, and their boss, and they can't move up, and they don't make enough money, and they don't get enough time off....LOL I think you get the point).

You don't get benefits. For those who complain about this, wake-up: this is YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Yes, you're 1099 which means you're self-employed. All self-employed people pay for their own insurance and set up their own Roth IRA or retirement plan etc. If you aren't cut out to buy your own insurance, you're probably not cut out to be wealthy :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. The only thing I would change would be to increase name-recognition. The company just went from being privately-held to publicly-held, so that will probably change very quickly.

Completely deceptive hiring practices and poor management support

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work schedule or not. Cons: Family Heritage tries to entice potential candidates with the story that they can have a great career by selling 1 policy a day. They… Advice to Senior Management: First be honest with potential recruits. Second, get real… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Family Heritage's positive, successful business culture is contagious!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: *Great training and support in your business career *Wholesome Family Values *Team… Cons: Starting in this business at my age(approaching 60) has proved to be a significant challenge in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Worked for Family Heritage Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!