Family Heritage Life Insurance

www.familyheritagelife.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Family Heritage Life Insurance

best opportunity in america hands down!!!

Current Contractor - Sales Agent in Lubbock, TX
Current Contractor - Sales Agent in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great compensation. and and excellent culture and company.

Cons

long working hours. must have excellent self discipline.

Other Employee Reviews for Family Heritage Life Insurance

A lifestyle career that can provide unique opportunities in life.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Athens, GA

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like any successful sales company, I've found FHL to offer a proven sales system, with ample support and training, and a culture that is fun to be a part of. In any sales position, their are the innate challenges that always exist (rejection, attitude, etc.). During my 4+ years, everyday hasn't been perfect, but I've found FHL to offer the necessary support when I need it, to empower me as the sales representative and to encourage and recognize my success. I find the incentives that are offered to be generous, paid in addition to our regular commissions. Also, the semi-annual sales meetings are a fun part of the culture and has been a very rewarding way to see parts of the country I might not have otherwise visited. Through my interaction with the home office and underwriting, my opinion is that they follow-through on doing what they are supposed to, sometimes even expediting claims to offer better customer service. I sincerely appreciate working with a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). No job is perfect, no career is perfect. For me, FHL has been a great vehicle to provide income for my family, while allowing me to pursue the other things in life that are personal to me. Some days can be more challenging than others. A career in sales, or commission sales, can be challenging, but the right activities over a long period of time always seem to prevail.

Cons

The job is what it is. Not always your typical 9-5 job. A career in sales (commission, or non-commission) is certainly not for everyone, nor would a job as a bank teller leave every individual feeling fulfilled. If you're interviewing for a position, do your own due diligence by asking any and all questions. Ask to speak to other agents. Ask to shadow another agent. I've found self-motivated and self-disciplined individuals to be experience more success, quickly. It's disappointing that negative reviews (for any insurance company for that matter) appear to be written by individuals that find it easier to place blame on external factors (the company) rather than internal factors (ourselves). Certainly, I cannot speak for each person's experience, everyone is different, motivated in different ways and reacts differently to challenges, but in my 4+ years with FHL, but I believe that the amount of success each individual experiences is directly related to the choices they make.

Completely deceptive hiring practices and poor management support

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule or not.

Cons

Family Heritage tries to entice potential candidates with the story that they can have a great career by selling 1 policy a day. They go on to say that this goal is not a stretch. The fact is some of their best agents have a tough time meeting this goal. The vast majority of agents don't ever come close. As a result, there is extremely high turnover in agents. But high turnover is just part of the game. They make money off of you whether or not you stay because it is a pyramid game. And when you leave, they take the commissions that you've earned. It really is a terrible scam. Plus, they market their policies to the poor and ignorant. They don't try selling their policies to middle to upper income folks. Anyone with a little smarts won't buy their policies. I've seen some of their top professionals complete applications while the individual was saying that they couldn't afford it or needed more time to consider the policy---terrible strong arm tactics.

Advice to Management

First be honest with potential recruits. Second, get real jobs and stop the scam!!