Family Heritage Life Insurance
www.familyheritagelife.com Broadview Heights, OH 50 to 149 Employees

A lifestyle career that can provide unique opportunities in life.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Athens, GA

ProsLike any successful sales company, I've found FHL to offer a proven sales system, with ample support and training, and a culture that is fun to be a part of. In any sales position, their are the innate challenges that always exist (rejection, attitude, etc.). During my 4+ years, everyday hasn't been perfect, but I've found FHL to offer the necessary support when I need it, to empower me as the sales representative and to encourage and recognize my success.

I find the incentives that are offered to be generous, paid in addition to our regular commissions. Also, the semi-annual sales meetings are a fun part of the culture and has been a very rewarding way to see parts of the country I might not have otherwise visited.

Through my interaction with the home office and underwriting, my opinion is that they follow-through on doing what they are supposed to, sometimes even expediting claims to offer better customer service. I sincerely appreciate working with a company that has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).

No job is perfect, no career is perfect. For me, FHL has been a great vehicle to provide income for my family, while allowing me to pursue the other things in life that are personal to me. Some days can be more challenging than others. A career in sales, or commission sales, can be challenging, but the right activities over a long period of time always seem to prevail.

ConsThe job is what it is. Not always your typical 9-5 job. A career in sales (commission, or non-commission) is certainly not for everyone, nor would a job as a bank teller leave every individual feeling fulfilled. If you're interviewing for a position, do your own due diligence by asking any and all questions. Ask to speak to other agents. Ask to shadow another agent. I've found self-motivated and self-disciplined individuals to be experience more success, quickly.

It's disappointing that negative reviews (for any insurance company for that matter) appear to be written by individuals that find it easier to place blame on external factors (the company) rather than internal factors (ourselves). Certainly, I cannot speak for each person's experience, everyone is different, motivated in different ways and reacts differently to challenges, but in my 4+ years with FHL, but I believe that the amount of success each individual experiences is directly related to the choices they make.

Great People, Focus on Leadership Development, You get out what You put in

Sales Agent, Sales Manager, Trainer, Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The sales managers and agents take a vested interest in you and seeing you do well. You get top-notch coaching and mentoring from people… Cons: You MUST put in the work. When you're new, it's 50-55 hours a week (so what...I worked that many hours for a LOT less… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. The only thing I would change would be to increase name-recognition.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Completely deceptive hiring practices and poor management support

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Family Heritage Life Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work schedule or not. Cons: Family Heritage tries to entice potential candidates with the story that they can have a great career by selling 1 policy a day. They… Advice to Senior Management: First be honest with potential recruits. Second, get real… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Family Heritage Life Insurance.

Worked for Family Heritage Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Family Heritage Life Insurance – Why Work for Us?

The benefits. The incentives. The stability. Learn more about the one-of-a-kind opportunity offered by Family Heritage directly from our team of sales professionals. There’s a world of difference between a job and a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Heritage Life Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Heritage Life Insurance CEO Howard Lewis. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Heritage Life Insurance employees.