Family Preservation Services

www.fpscorp.com

Overall a pretty good experience. Position was an in home counselor.

Intensive In Home Counselor (Former Employee) Verona, VA

ProsThe branch I worked for in Verona, Va was wonderful. The camaraderie in the office really helped with some of the isolating feelings that could accompany the job. Can make your own schedule as long as you are meeting the hour requirements.

ConsJob can feel isolating at times. Hour expectations were unreasonable and unattainable. Closer locations were promised but never came to fruition. So much paperwork, it was very difficult to separate work from personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate for employees to Corporate to help them understand better what it's like for each individual employee instead of just another number. Lighten the load that is put on supervisors so they will be more available for the in home counselors; especially since the counselors deal with many crisis situations.

My time at Family Pres was full of peaks an valleys.

Behavioral Aide (Former Employee)

I worked at Family Preservation Services part-time for more than a year

Pros: If you like to work with kids with behavioral issues,… Cons: ~You have to answer to your boss as well as the principal of the school. ~You almost feel like… Advice to Senior Management: Set guidelines for principals and counselors. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great environment

FPS Therapeutic Counselor (Current Employee) Passaic, NJ

I have been working at Family Preservation Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexibility, environment, gained knowledge, benefits. FPS is a great work… Cons: exposure to dirt, filth, feces, bed bugs, and dangerous neighborhoods. The pay is low… Advice to Senior Management: Putting yourself at risk and going into a family home without knowing the situations that can occur in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Family Preservation Services.

Worked for Family Preservation Services? Contribute to the Community!