Family Video
www.familyvideo.com

The environment wasn't what I had expected!

MIT (Manager In Training) (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

ProsYou get a discount of movies which is nice, but the work environment wasn't enough to make me want to stay and work there for an extended amount of time.

ConsThere is a lot to learn and I just didn't think that it was worth the pay that they had offered me!

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be honest and open to what the individual is applying for and let them know EVERYTHING that is going to be expected of them!!!

The most unprofessional experience of my life.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Family Video

Pros: -Sales competition can be fun -About half of the customers put you in a good… Cons: -Horrible management -Long shifts with no guaranteed break time -Must be good at sales or they will fire you or make you pay for your rentals -Required to… Advice to Senior Management: -Give your employees the credit they deserve. Everyone at my branch worked as hard as they could, even worked off the clock ( because if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Time Consuming

Manager (Former Employee)
    Charleston, IL

I worked at Family Video

Pros: Learn how to multitask. Learn how to problem solve with customers on the fly. Ability… Cons: No life outside of family video, work holidays, and till midnight many days out of the week, not set schedule. Poor pay for as much… Advice to Senior Management: Working your employees 8 hours a day without a paid break is that legal? Family video… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Family Video.

Worked for Family Video? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Video reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Video CEO Charlie Hoogland . All reviews posted anonymously by Family Video employees.