Family Video

www.familyvideo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Family Video

Great first or part time job. Not career material.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Family Video full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Early release videos, free rentals, small store structure allows you to become close with your coworkers.

Cons

Top management is a Randian nightmare that will do everything in their power to overwork and underpay their employees, in particular the store managers. I was under the impression store managers made $30,000 a year working upwards of 50 hours a week. Now I've come to find out it is even LESS than that. It works out to about $10.00 an hour (without the normal OT an hourly employee would get of course) to be responsible for an entire store. And this year they cancelled the already piddling Christmas bonus because Obama won the election. No, really, that is why. Real classy, Family Video.

Drop this political BS. Quit being parasites leeching off the hard work of your employees.

290 Other Employee Reviews for Family Video (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, amazing staff and lots of variety

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Family Video part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked for Family Video for two years and really enjoyed it. They worked around any scheduling issues and overall were great. Made some life-long friends with staff.

Cons

Managers seem to change stores a lot. There is minimal staffing and no scheduled breaks. Lots of delegation for training new employees. Full-time hours for part-time pay with no benefits. Loved the company but eventually couldn't deal with yet another crappy manager.

Don't use your full-time staff to train your under-prepared managers. I would have loved to stay with this company. As a hard working employee, I was chased off because the district manager started noticing my potential and the store manager got jealous.

It is nice and friendly.

Current Employee - Cashier in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Family Video part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They empower their employees and reward those who deserve it. Everyone I met so far has been kind and helpful. It is a growing company and they're always hiring.

Cons

They don't take it lightly when you forget to do something or forget how to do something. If you are not always on your A-game, you are criticized. Quiet people are misunderstood.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Video