There are newer employer reviews for Famous Dave's

I was fairly treated and well trained

I have been working at Famous Dave's

Pros

It really is a good company for someone who is young and ambitious because the training is thorough, the upper management is good and once you buy into the product, it really is one of the best of its kind.

Cons

There are zero benefits. Our medical is a joke, no 401k, flexible spending, and our bonus program is crap unless you're doing 70k weeks

Use Famous Daves as a stepping stone for a larger company. I have spend 8 years in management, I make 39k a year and am one of the higher paid managers in our franchise

82 Other Employee Reviews for Famous Dave's (View Most Recent)

Good for a first serious job

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Famous Dave's

Pros

Ok pay, a lot of freedom and good people to work with, and it was a fun place that was laid back, but good to get your feet wet with how to deal with different personalities.

Cons

Very disorganized in my franchise, though the management has changed since I left, so this is for the better, I'm sure.

It would be better to have more control over employees, although it's difficult to not accidentally play favorites in a restaurant.

Great Food, Atmosphere

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Famous Dave's

Pros

Food was delicious, the atmosphere was great. management really did a good job of trying to connect with employees. a great job for a high school or college aged person.

Cons

the hours they gave to employees was pretty skewed. managers who had friends as servers made sure they got the better schedules.

market more. BBQ is such a niche market in non-bbq states/towns, its a shame that more people are not coming in the door.

There are newer employer reviews for Famous Dave's

Worked for Famous Dave's? Contribute to the Community!