Satisfied Designer

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Interactive Designer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Fanhattan we all work very close together. We have daily stand-ups at the start of everyday on our all of our products. Everyone is well versed in each product and constantly updated on their statuses. We have all hands meetings monthly both on and off-site. Catered lunch is a common occurrence and off-site events with teams are always a blast. Weekly one-on-one meetings with upper management are appreciated, this provides the opportunity to verbalize problems and concerns.

Cons

Office is a little small and sometimes loud for this growing company. Can be particular about who they hire (which can be both good and bad).

Advice to Management

There is always room to improve team communication, compared to when I first started this has changed dramatically!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

inventing the future everyday...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fan TV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the best part about Fanhattan is getting up everyday and working with the brightest minds in silicon valley and hollywood to invent the future. this is a great company in the making and there is a strong vibe in the office that we are all in this together. it's the perfect example of that silicon valley start-up. great perks like membership to equinox gym, catered lunches, movie nights, great 401k and health care. strong management team and leadership.

Cons

the company is growing so fast, we are all packed in the office... but that is a temporary situation.

Advice to Management

keep running ahead...

2. Exec team is draining the life out of a formerly great startup

I have been working at Fan TV

Pros

Used to be the small team of 30 workers who were passionate about their jobs.

Cons

- Exec team doesn't talk to workers even though we sit 5 feet away from them. Its like they are too busy in meetings with each other to ask opinions - Exec team took large amounts of money (500k - 1.5m) in the acquisition and gave the hard workers nothing - Rovi bought us - No creativity or future thinking ability from product

Advice to Management

Keep your resume up to date because it won't be long now!