Fannie Mae

Conservatorship Sucks

Current Employee - Project Manager II in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager II in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

Good benefits, particularly for retirement (I'm under the "old" plan with a pension)

Cons

We're in conservatorship and really don't know what the future holds. Will we be eliminated, re-badged under a new company name? Will our jobs be outsourced (probably)? Will our pensions still be around after we are "unwound"? I've gotta say, I never saw this coming. It's a scary time at Fannie, but the benefits are hard to let go of in such an uncertain economy. Golden handcuffs.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Fannie Mae (View Most Recent)

Wonderful place to work but indecent management. Senior Management does not have control.

Former Employee - Developer III in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Developer III in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae

Pros

high profile company
    Visbility within Mortgage Industry

Cons

Non technical people working in technology
    Bad behaviour
    Indecent people
    Roles and responsibilities not defined properly
    Management has not plan in place.
    Preference is given to people who dont know anything.

I worked a group called OpenSpan in Fannie Mae Dallas,TX. All the good technical staff has already left the team. The present team has no idea how the technical flow works. They are saving their jobs just showing they know everything. The group has failed to execute things probably. ITs waste of time and money spending on this group.

Too many have a sense of entitlement

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fannie Mae

Pros

Great strategic insight into the entire housing market, allowing you to see the big picture. Extremely dedicated and hard working teams across all business lines.

Cons

A healthy amount of underqualified professionals recieve promotions into people management roles. If you have the right referral, you can move into any role - regardless if you are not the best candidate. Frustration does not scratch the surface in describing the general employee moral.

Don't let Washington bully you around....FHFA, HUD, Congress - you're more to blame than anything in this whole mess!

There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae